As an added bonus this year I thought I would give you a gift roundup for Mothers Day. These things are great for all Moms but especially wonderful for those who travel!
1. If Mom enjoys hiking then she would love Pete KJ’s book Base Camp Denver: 101 hikes in Colorado’s Front Range (Immbrifex Books). It was released in April just in time for the Spring thaw and the start of hiking season. The third book in the popular Base Camp Guides series features specific trails and hikes in and around Colorado’s Front Range as well as things to do in Denver before and after a hike. For each hike, you are given the history, geology, flora, and fauna. Plus you get the best hikes for each season; where to enjoy spring wildflowers and fall foliage; ratings from 1-5 for trail conditions, difficulty suitability for children, etc. Hikes are listed by interests such as bird watching, stargazing, wetlands, and wildlife. How to prepare and what to take for each featured trail as well as which hikes offer solitude and which offer plenty of company, best hikes for dogs, kids, and teens are all things that you will find in this comprehensive book.
And if you are looking for another book on hiking for Mom then take a look at Base Camp Las Vegas; another book in the series!
2. So if your Mom enjoys hiking, or even just shopping, I know she will love this sturdy clear backpack from Smarty. The backpack is a good size and very stylish. The straps are comfortable and the zippers slide smoothly. It’s even great for the beach. I love that you can see where everything is with just a glance. They even have a variety of trim colors so you can choose Mom’s favorite.
3. And while Mom is hiking, walking or shopping she will be very comfortable in a pair of shoes from Arcopedico. The “Town” is a shoe that feels like a sneaker but amps up the style. It is reminiscent of a boat shoe but the Town molds to your feet for all-day comfort, while allowing your feet to breathe so they don’t feel all hot and sweaty. Super cute with shorts, pants or casual dresses, the Town shoes will become your mom’s constant travel companion because of its comfort and versatility. And the pair weighs less than a pound so they won’t add much weight to the suitcase. And if mom is not traveling she will enjoy them in comfort for a day of shopping! Here are some features:
- Lycra upper designed to stretch and mold to the foot flawlessly.
- Easy slip-on design with a round toe.
- Breathable, mesh-lined footbed with patented twin arch support system for all-day comfort.
- Machine washable.
- A wide array of colors
This summer, no matter where your mom’s travels take her, whether it’s walking through Europe or just walking to the ice cream store, it’ll be a comfortable journey with Town.
4. Just in time for Mothers Day, the Honolulu Cookie Company is celebrating the launch of their refreshed and vibrantly colorful Floral Collection. The new eye-catching packaging showcases the unique beauty and flavors of Hawaii. General Manager, Mr. Ryan Sung said, “ Our new Floral Collection features designs inspired by the colorful flowers and lush foliage that are both gorgeous and meaningful to people here in the islands.” Adding, “ With Mother’s Day just around the corner, this is the perfect way to reward Mom for everything she does with a true gift of Aloha.”
The new Floral Collection offers a variety of pineapple-shaped shortbread cookie flavors and gift packaging. Flavors include Butter Macadamia, Chocolate Dipped Macadamia, Lemon, White Chocolate Dipped Lemon, White Chocolate Dipped Macadamia, and White Chocolate Dipped Coconut.
5. And if Mom has a sweet tooth or just like things that are made with natural ingredients you could get her any one or more of the products from Pacific Resources International that are made with Manuka Honey from New Zealand! This company was the first to import New Zealand Manuka Honey to the United States. They offer everything from premium-grade jars of honey in jars to Manuka Honey Chocolates, Caramels, and Lozenges. Be sure to check out their pure Sea Salts as well. Remember that not all Manuka Honey products are created equally so while you are on their site founder David Noll will tell you how to determine if a product is legit.
6. If Mom lovers coffee and loves camping she will love a gift of Steeped Packs! So convenient and they don’t take up valuable RV counter space like a coffee maker does. Steeped Packs are the easiest way to make a delicious cup of coffee. You shouldn’t need to perform chemistry before you’ve made your coffee. Simply steep each Steeped Bag in hot water for about five minutes to allow the coffee to develop its distinctive body and flavor. There is no machine, no noise, no cleanup, no destructive waste.
As for flavor? Even the most discerning coffee connoisseurs in the industry are singing the praises of Steeped Coffee. Barista Magazine is a believer: “Like a tea bag—but for coffee? This new product from Steeped Coffee might just be one of our fave new ways to brew coffee on the road.”
7. TravelEyez cases will make an awesome gift for any Mom, whether she travels or not. These clever cases zip together around the strap of a handbag or luggage making it easy to get to your phone, passport, or anything else you want right at your fingertips. They come in two colors of leather or black mesh with a variety of colorful trims. And I really love how easy they are to attach to a strap or detach to move to a different purse or case strap.
Disclaimer: I was sent samples of some of these items but the opinions are 100% my own.